Jet With Comfort is undergoing renovation after an amazing world tour!
It's tough to enjoy travel when suffering with a stomach ache, a hot flash, an ear that just won't pop, a hemorrhoid flare-up, a hangover, toddler tantrums, constipation or diarrhea, incontinence, or even menstrual cramps.Travel is AMAZING, but can easily be ruined when the traveler doesn't feel well... Plan ahead for practical issues and realities of travel.
My name is Anya Clowers and I'm passionate about practical comfort solutions improving quality of life and travel. I've been professionally providing comfort solutions for people of all ages since 1995, first as a post-surgical hospital nurse and for almost a decade now as a nurse consultant and comfort specialist in travel.
I understand how powerful relief and comfort can be- especially when not feeling well on an airplane, bus, or walking around a foreign city.
In 2011/2012, I traveled for 8+months around the world (literally) and met with industry leaders in hospitality, airlines, and niche markets to research and discuss the practical issues travelers face. I have chosen to live with one foot on two continents annually, immersing myself (and my family) in international travel.
Often I write from personal or professional experience with ailments and products or services. I understand diarrhea, constipation, a child throwing up on an airplane, needing a toilet when none is available, packing 8+months worth of my preferred brand of tampons, ear pain, humidity issues, swollen pregnant feet, surprising hangovers, sore feet, and more! I was traveling something like 12 total months (out of 19 months) in 2011-2013. I know what matters and I am delighted to share it with you!
I will soon be posting from a newly created Facebook page and Pinterest board. (I am new to it - so be patient... I was too busy traveling to set this all up!) I will soon be relaunching JetWithComfort.com and updating JetWithKids.com. I also am busy working behind the scenes with hotels, airlines, and airports to improve the travel experience for all ages.
I hope you experience a greater quality of life by using this resource to customize your packing list. What triggers and ailments are reality for you?
Bucket List Item (Complete!): 8+ INCREDIBLE months traveling (literally) around the world:
- researching comfort
- educating travel industry leaders about importance of practical comfort
- attending medical and travel events (identifying valuable products/services)
- world-schooling (why call it homeschool when not at home?)
- identifying uniqueness of individual hotel properties, vacation rentals, motorhome rental, and resorts worldwide
- and living life globally... (20+countries/4 continents)
I am more passionate than ever about the importance of feeling as good as the itinerary!
It's time to update the site to reflect my worldwide experience as a nurse consultant and comfort specialist. Hotel reviews, passionate tips, product recommendations, and more will make this site one worth returning to when planning international travel!
Traveling with kids? Visit JetWithKids.com for tips, product recommendations, and more!
(JetWithKids.com is scheduled for renovation after JetWithComfort.com. I apologize for any outdated information or links).
Need to contact me? Email is the best option at this time as we are now based both in Europe (Germany) and USA (California) and frequently traveling.
info (AT) jetwithcomfort (DOT) com
My practical travel tips and product recommendations have been noted in international media. Here is a sample:
- Interviewed and quoted: "You deserve the best...Travel essentials!" Woman's World
- Interviewed and quoted: USAToday cover story *As Travel Comfort Specialist, provided advice regarding travel comfort on airplanes when mixing business travelers and kids.
- Quoted: Relax in the new yoga room at San Francisco airport by Harriet Baskas for MSNBC.com, NBC News Today Travel
- Interviewed: ABCnews.com and Good Morning America segment Traveling With Toddlers *As Featured Expert, provided advice and all travel products for Traveling with Toddlers segment.
- Quoted: Traveling with baby? Get the right airplane seat by Harriet Baskas for MSNBC.com
- Quoted: How to Complain Effectively When Traveling by Paul Eisenberg for FoxNews.com
- Quoted: Passengers Push for Child-Free Flights by Douglas Quenqua for NewYorkTimes.com
- Quoted: Babies on planes: Debate over safety renewed by Harriet Baskas for MSNBC.com
- Quoted: Tips for Healthier, Happier Holiday Travel with Kids by Paul Eisenberg for ShermansTravel.com
- Quoted: How to Prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) while Flying by The Vacation Gals for USAToday.com Travel
- American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference in San Francisco, representing Jet With Kids and CARES harness
- Interviewed: Peter Greenberg Radio Show - Listen to an audio clip of this interview
- Featured: Flying With Kids by Rod Moser, PA, PhD for WebMD Blog
- Featured Spotlight Guest ERGOParent Magazine for ERGObaby carriers: Comfort Matters in Family Life, Health, and Travel
- Interviewed: Interview with Travel Specialist Anya Clowers by Jennifer Miner for TheVacationGals.com
- Featured: Guest blog post When Illness or Injury Crash the Itinerary for AirTreks.com
- Registered press at LA Times Travel Show
- "Jet With Kids" travel seminar promotion at 2008 Yeah Baby Expo Santa Clara, CA
- Quoted: Do Children and Business Trips Mix by Harriet Baskas for MSNBC.com
- Interviewed: Rick Steves Radio Show Travel with Rick Steves - Listen to the podcast of the show.
- Quoted: Beware the Boot: How Parents, Kids Can Fly Right by Harriet Baskas for MSNBC.com
- Featured: Guest blog post Your cold or allergy symptoms may be gone, but are your ears really ready to fly? for CheapoAir.com
- Featured: Travel Expert for SoapBoxMama.com
- Featured: Guest blog posts for TravelinTales.com
- Featured: Guest blog post Seven Tips for Dealing with Illness When Traveling for Landlopers.com
- Article Do You Know How to Handle an Ear Pressure Emergency? for AviationSchoolsOnline.com
- Article How the Middle Ear Reacts to Changes in Ear Pressure for AviationSchoolsOnline.com
- Article Plugged Ears Distracting Pilots? Eustachian Tubes - Clear Left, Clear Right on EzineArticles.com
- Judge at JPMA Innovation Awards & ABC Kid's Show
- Featured: "Great Website" in Must Have Travel Gear article by Danielle Friedland for People.com.
- Interviewed: Guest Travel Expert with Paul W. Smith on News/Talk 760 WJR.
- Noted Expert: Preparation for Air Travel with Children ERGOParent Magazine